Best Hotels in San Luis Obispo, California
Headed to SLO? Let’s go! We’re big fans of San Luis Osbispo, the happy Cali town tucked between the Coast Range and the Pacific. From charming inns boasting extra-roomy rooms and breakfast on the house to hip boutiques right in the heart of downtown — we know all about SLO hotels.
Known for its ideal Meditterean climate and vibrant wine scene, this little college town goes beyond the norm. The community is filled with world-class dining, shopping and nightlife opportunities as well as one of the more walkable central towns. Whether you’re visiting students at Cal Poly, delving into the wineries or driving down to the beach — San Luis Osbispo has plenty to offer and we’ve got hotels to match.
Why We Love San Luis Obispo
Said to be one of the “Happiest Places in America.”
- Hip hotels: Looking for a home base in San Luis Obispo? Look no further. From groovy inns with sophisticated style to art-filled suites rocking a barcade in the lobby — we’ll hook it up with the best hotels in SLO.
- Wine about it: The folks of San Luis Obispo really dig their wine. With more than 27 tasting rooms across pastoral Edna Valley, you will, too. Try Kynsi, Chamisal, Wolff and Saucelito Canyon - just to name a few. Craving more grapes? Head to Paso Robles or Arroyo Grande for even more tasting experiences.
- Downtown: San Luis Obispo has quite the charming downtown area with lots to offer from shopping to nightlife and more. Check out the San Luis Obispo Museum of Art or the Children’s Museum for some cultural fun. Then, hit the Downtown SLO Farmers’ Market on Thursday night’s, a favorite local tradition. And, of course, don’t miss Bubblegum alley — an Instagram favorite that’s exactly what it sounds like.
- Good eats: Getting hungry? San Luis Obispo is all about the grub. Taste tapas at aptly named TASTE, fill up on BBQ at Firestone Grill, chow down on tacos at The Mark, or grab a slice at Petra.
- More to explore: San Luis Osbisbo isn’t the only town worth visiting around these parts! Drive to the coast to check out the ancient volcano in Morro Bay, or down to Pismo Beach for the sand dunes. Or, head to Paso Robles for more wine-infused adventures.
Where to find the best hotels in San Luis Obispo, California
Looking for the best last-minute hotel deals in San Luis Obispo? HotelTonight lets you book amazing hotels tonight, tomorrow or beyond at incredible rates. Just search San Luis Obispo, California with HotelTonight and find a great hotel at an even better price.