Best Hotels in Honolulu, Hawaii
Aloha, Honolulu. Who’s ready for the beach? From chic-meets-surf suites with an onsite lounge to colorful boutiques just minutes from the water — we know a thing or two about hotels in Honolulu.
Birthplace of the Mai Tai and home to that iconic blue, blue water, Honolulu has been a popular summer vacation spot for decades. Whether you’re lounging on Waikiki beach, snorkeling in Hanauma Bay, chowing down on Loco Mocos or taking in the magnitude of Pearl Harbor — Honolulu has plenty to offer and we’ve got hotels to match.
Why We Love Honolulu
Beaches on beaches hosted by the friendliest locals around.
- Fresh hotels: Looking for a tropical escape? We got you. From chilled out locales with direct beach access and onsite happy hour to reimagined classics with stunning views and drinks on the deck — we’ll find you the perfect hotel in Honolulu.
- Beachy keen: Let’s be honest, you’re here for the beach. Lucky for you, the options in Honolulu are boundless. Start at the busy yet classic Waikiki beach where Elvis used to lounge for epic views of Diamond Head and endless tiki bars. Hit Duke Kahanamoku for something a bit quieter and a chance to paddleboard. Then, trek to Waimanalo Beach for a remote experience.
- Take a hike: For the ultimate Honolulu hiking experience, tackle Diamond Head. The 45 minute ascent to the top is totally worth it for the 360-views at the top. Wanna see a waterfall? Take the short, newbie-friendly hike to Moana Falls. Looking for the advanced course? Travelers love the Haiku Stairs, also known as the Stairway to Heaven. (But, you didn’t hear about it from us! Hike at your own risk.)
- Island eats: We’re hungry just thinking about our favorite foods in Honolulu. Drool over Malsadas at Leonard’s bakery. Grab a classic lunch plate at Rainbow Drive-in. Snack on spam musubi at Fukuya. Enjoy fresh catches at Roy’s. Enjoy endless poke at Ono Seafood. You’ll be stuffed.
- More to explore: Want to see more of the island? Rent a car (preferably a top-down convertible) and head to the North Shore. Catch expert surfers at Waimea Bay, try the famous garlic shrimp at Giovanni’s, slurp shaved ice at Matsumoto and peep sea turtles at Ali’i Beach Park.
Where to find the best hotels in Honolulu, Hawaii
Looking for the best last-minute hotel deals in Honolulu? HotelTonight lets you book amazing hotels tonight, tomorrow or beyond at incredible rates. Just search Honolulu with HotelTonight and find a great hotel at an even better price.