Best Hotels in Detroit, Michigan
Headed to Motor City? We got you. This ol’ midwestern town has made a serious comeback, becoming one of the most coveted destinations in the US. From downtown dazzlers right near the action to low-key inns with a quieter vibe — we’ve got you covered with hotels in Detroit.
The birthplace of motown, the heart of the auto industry and home to some pretty great pizza — these are just a few reasons you might be drawn to Detroit. Whether you’re catching some live music, getting the lowdown on Henry Ford or chowing down on the local eats — Detroit has plenty to offer and we’ve got hotels to match.
Why We Love Detroit
A whole lotta soul in Michigan’s largest city.
- Solid hotels: Looking for a homebase in Detroit? Look no further. From tried and true classics you know and love to soon-to-be-favorite indie boutiques — we’ll get you settled in a Detroit hotel.
- History lessons: History buffs, unite! Detroit is the place to be. Visit the Motown Historical Museum to get a taste of Hitsville USA. Tour the Henry Ford Museum to learn about American innovation. Take a trip to Woodlawn Cemetery to pay a visit to the graves of legends like Rosa Parks. Venture to Fort Wayne to witness battle reenactments from the 1840’s.
- Art scene: Detroit is home to quite the art scene. Start at the Detroit Institute of the Arts to visit a prime art collection, including pieces by Picasso, Matisse and Van Gogh. Then check out The Heidelberg Project to explore the surreal work of local artist Tyree Guyton. When you’re ready for some music, head to Cliff Bell’s — an art deco jazz club since 1935. Finally, check out the Detroit Theater District, the biggest outside of NYC.
- Good eats: Getting hungry? Detroit’s got you covered. Grab a coveted corned beef sandwich at Mudgie’s Deli, glazed blueberry donuts from Dutch Girl Donuts, a classic egg sandwich from Astro Coffee, or (of course) Detroit Style Pizza from Buddy’s or Jet’s.
- Get outside: Time to get some fresh air. Head to Detroit’s Riverwalk, a 5.5-mile promenade with fantastic views and people watching. Participate in the Slow Roll, a community bike ride every Monday night featuring over 3K riders. Or, check out Campus Martius Park for a relaxing afternoon in the sun.
Where to find the best hotels in Detroit, Michigan
Looking for the best last-minute hotel deals in Detroit? HotelTonight lets you book amazing hotels tonight, tomorrow or beyond at incredible rates. Just search Detroit with HotelTonight and find a great hotel at an even better price.