Best Hotels in Charleston, South Carolina
We’re big fans of Charleston. Cobblestone streets, horse-drawn carriages, pastel antebellum houses — what’s not to love? From charming inns right on the water to Southern charmers rocking 1920s elegance — we know all about hotels in Charleston.
Known for its historic vibe and Spanish-mossed downtown streets, Charleston is a favorite Southern destination. Whether you’re strolling around Waterfront Park, touring a historic house, visiting an old plantation or exploring Fort Sumter — Charleston has plenty to offer
Why We Love Charleston
A Southern gem that takes you back in time.
- Charming hotels: Looking for a spot to hit the hay in Charleston? Look no further. From cozy inns with daily breakfast delivered on silver trays to elegant stunners with plush four-poster beds — we’ll find you the perfect Charleston hotel.
- History lessons: Charleston is the perfect place to soak up some Southern American history. Begin with a horse drawn carriage tour for a fun point of view of the city and storytelling. Check out Old Exchange Building, where the constitution was ratified. Spend some time at a plantation like Boone Hall to see Avenue of the Oaks and original slave cabins. Then, visit Fort Sumter where the first shots of the Civil War were fired.
- Good eats: Getting hungry after all that exploring? Charleston is foodie heaven. Head to Bertha’s Restaurant, an iconic establishment serving fried chicken and fish since 1979. Try Workshop for 90s-themed comfort food, tacos, sushi, Vietnames and Thai cuisine. Or, check out Lewis Barbecue for the best brisket in Charleston.
- Great outdoors: If you’re looking to enjoy the outdoors, there’s plenty of fun opportunities in Charleston. Visit Waterfront Park where kids can play in the famous fountain. Stop through White Point Gardens, a public garden beside the water, with paved paths, a gazebo, military statues and monuments, cannons and picnic areas. Or take a trip to Johns Island, a Charleston must-see where you can visit the Angel Oak, a 400+ year old oak tree that stands 66.5 feet tall and produces shade that covers 17,200 square feet.
- More to explore: Looking for more? Head across the water to Mount Pleasant where charming suburbs hold gems like the Old Village District and fresh seafood joints.
Where to find the best hotels in Charleston
Looking for the best last-minute hotel deals in Charleston? HotelTonight lets you book amazing hotels tonight, tomorrow or beyond at incredible rates. Just search Charleston, South Carolina with HotelTonight and find a great hotel at an even better price.